Are you tired of that bright orange B (if you’re using a Blogger blog) in the address bar and on the tab? You can display your own icon on the browser address bar when visitors view or bookmark your web page instead. It’s really simple, too.
- Choose an image you like – ideally it will be very simple because a favicon (short for favorites icon) is pretty small, and complicated pictures don’t translate well. It should be an image you want people to associate with your blog.
- Upload your image to this Free Favicon Generator, and it will create your favicon for you.
- Then you can either download it so you can upload it somewhere else, or just host it there. They even give you the code to copy.
- Once you’ve copied the code simply go to your Blogger Dashboard, select Layout, and edit HTML. Paste the code into the head of your page, right before the tag and save it.
- Now, you should have your very own, personal favicon.
I actually used this Favicons from Pics generator to make the favicon for this blog. If you use this one, you will have to download and unzip the file and then find somewhere to upload it so that you can link to it and use it. Since you can’t directly upload the favicon to Blogger, and many photo hosting sites don’t accept .ico files, it’s a little more complicated.
Here’s a great tutorial on adding a favicon to your Blogger blog.